Purpose of this blog

Dmitry Yudo aka Overlord, jack of all trades
David Lister aka Listy, Freelancer and Volunteer

Friday, August 10, 2012

[WoT] Dusty Shelves: Gameplay Screenshot

Below is one of the earliest screenshots of World of Tanks. This version was intended for the initial focus-testing, press meetings during KRI (game expo in Moscow). Check out the brutal UI and "3rd personish" controls.


Funny thing that the player - http://worldoftanks.ru/community/accoun
ts/453-genrikh/ , is currently lead level designer of WoT. He was one of the few people, who discussed the prototype of the future game on December 29, 2008.

12 comments:

  1. Cool it looks like u could only take 4 crits then die? And only 200 health? Or we're the shot not a powerful?
    That would be cool 4 crit hit then dead to the body of the tank... Bc that happens to me when I shoot other tanks I will get about 3 -4 Curtis hit with no seen affect on the enemy and all in different spots so please that would be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still a better lovestory than twilight :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss the dogs barking whenever you run over a doghouse... I wish theres a mod for that to make it come back

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see a SS from ealier stage of the game concept.
    Didn't remember well but it was fun to see the Ensk map with simple texture in test mode (alpha or beta) and was compared with new clean high texture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many thanks Overlord. It's amazing to see how the game has progressed over time. I have many wonderful memories of the Beta days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you, guys, like the old stuff. Will try to dig up some more

      Delete
  6. Tears of joy, i still remember playing with my on-board graphics during OBT. Everything was gray except a couple of trees, some houses and my tank. :P lol. Thanks OL, would love some more of those SS :P

    ReplyDelete

  7. I was very interested in the article , it’s quite inspiring I should admit. I like visiting your site since I always come across interesting articles like this one. Keep sharing! Regards. Read more about
    Offshore software testing services
    software testing services company
    software testing services
    Software Qa Services
    quality assurance service providers
    Performance testing services
    Security testing services

    ReplyDelete